Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification Training
4 Days Classroom Training
Original Course Material
55 PMI PDUs offered
Group Exercises / Role Plays
Sample Exam Questions
Free High Quality Online Videos
Course Completion Certificate
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Exam Included
Next Public Batch on Demand
Competitive Course Fees
Special Group Discounts
About Six Sigma and the Course:
Six Sigma is a methodology used to improve business processes by utilizing statistical analysis rather than guesswork. This proven approach has been implemented within a myriad of industries to achieve hard and soft money savings, while increasing customer satisfaction.
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt course focuses on providing students with comprehensive understanding of both the complementary domains of Lean and Six Sigma. It covers tools and techniques useful to improve the production process, reduce waste and minimize defects in the end product with a greater focus on the practical implementation of these tool and techniques in the organization. The participants will definitely be able to use the knowledge gained in this course in leading various critical projects in their respective organizations.
This course aims to
- Provide comprehensive knowledge to participants about the tool and techniques, advantages, and challenges of the Six Sigma and Lean methodologies.
- Teach students both quantitative and qualitative methods from the complementary domains of Lean and Six Sigma.
- Provide knowledge to students to form and effectively lead a six sigma project team.
- Provide knowledge to students to apply DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control) and various six sigma tools in process and quality improvement.
- Provide knowledge of Kaizen projects
- To equip students with knowledge to communicate using Six Sigma and Lean concepts
- To equip students with knowledge to avoid pitfalls in implementing six sigma.
- Familiarize participants on how to assess and manage project risk.
- Participants will be able to relate Six Sigma and Lean concepts to the overall business mission and objectives
- Participants will be able to apply concepts to business issues and transition projects from phase to phase.
- Participants will develop superior problem solving skills that can be immediately applied in real world projects.
- Participants will be equipped with the knowledge needed for production process improvement in their organizations and help their organizations adopt right approach.
- Participants will be able to apply Lean concepts such as 5S, waste reduction, process mapping, value stream mapping and mistake proofing etc. in their workplace
- Participants will be able to define, present and manage improvement projects
- This course is for employees and organizations requiring a standardized approach to problem solving for the purpose of continuous improvement. This would include team leaders, supervisors, associates, Quality Assurance Engineers, Project Managers, Software Professionals, Practitioners, Quality Assurance team members, Working Executives and Senior Management that will dedicate a small portion of their time applying the DMAIC tools to their natural work area.
- Individuals seeking to significantly improve business processes.
- Managers and employees who want to get certified as Black Belt in Six Sigma.
- Any other professional members who are doing research, innovations or consulting in process improvement practices.
- A highly engaging and interactive course that ensures better internalization of six sigma concepts and principles.
- Work through the course rather than just listening for higher retention of concepts and theory.
- Group exercises that demonstrate and bring to life the concepts being taught.
- Practical implementation issues are discussed with relevant six sigma tools and techniques.
- Integrated role play with all the six sigma concepts that make the participants work through an entire six sigma project.
- Work through multiple case studies to test the understanding of the method.
Six Sigma Global Acceptance and Success Stories:
All leading companies in the world use Six Sigma
Six Sigma has come a long way since its inception in the mid 80’s. In the present day, Six Sigma is one of the most widely applied methodologies for improvement projects globally. Also, the widespread increase in the demand for certified Six Sigma professionals is a testimony to the fact that Six Sigma is here to stay.
Before, 1987, Six Sigma was solely a statistical term. Since then, the Six Sigma crusade, which started at Motorola, has spread to other companies who are continually striving for excellence. Over the last two decades it has evolved from a problem-solving technique to a quality strategy and ultimately into a sophisticated quality philosophy. After GE’s Jack Welch made it a central focus of his business strategy in 1995, looking at the success, all other leading companies started following the trend. And today, Six Sigma is the fastest growing business management system in industry.
* GE and Dow have been using Six Sigma for new product development and customer support to reduce costs, improve performance, and increase profitability.
* Citi bank uses six sigma to reduce variability in cycle times, error rates, costs, “days to pay” of accounts payable, and improve employees’ productivity ratios.
* Accenture uses six sigma to eliminate waste and become faster and much more responsive to its customers, driving revenue growth.
Following are just a handful of organisations who have accepted and adopted 6 Sigma:
- American Express
Some Success stories:
- The well known GE success story – After implementing Six Sigma, GE realised benefits worth 2 Billion Dollars.
- Starting from 2002 Bharti group (Airtel) accepted and applied Six Sigma in all its Businesses. It has since then realized savings worth millions of dollars. Six Sigma is an Integral part of its DNA with a dedicated team at each of its circles. Airtel’s basic services businesses yielded 250% return on Investment in the first year of implementation itself. There are more than 150 Black Belts working in the entire group.
- Qualtec’s Services saved over 20 Million Dollars over 2 years after adopting Six Sigma.
- Fortune 50 saved over 500 Million Dollars from 500 Six Sigma projects.
The figure below shows that Six Sigma is not only adopted by manufacturing companies but increasingly being applied outside of the traditional manufacturing industry because of its inherent benefits. Today’s competitive environment leaves no room for error. Six Sigma plays a huge role in doing so irrespective of the industry.
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Six Sigma Methodology – Define
- Six Sigma Methodology – Measure
- Six Sigma Methodology – Analyze
- Six Sigma Methodology – Improve
- Six Sigma Methodology – Control
- Lean Concepts
- Original Course Material
- Chapter Test Questions
- Process Chart
- Online Course Videos
Benefits for Organisations:
By improving the quality of the end product, Six Sigma methodology can offer the following benefits to an organisation:
- Improved Customer Loyalty
- Time Management efficiency
- Reducing project and production cycle time
- Increased employee motivation
- Strategic planning efficiency
- Supply chain management efficiency
- Cost savings, increased sales and revenue
Benefits for Individuals:
Six Sigma certified professionals help organizations with improved level of processes and quality outputs that lead to increased ROI. They have knowledge pertaining to and can anticipate issues related to the practical implementation of Six Sigma.
Six Sigma Certification helps:
- Improve your understanding and awareness of Six Sigma methodology
- Enable use of a wide range of tools and techniques
- Effectively manage process and performance activities
- Solve business and quality problems
- Improve decision-making capabilities
- Improve overall enterprise efficiency
- Industry Recognition, better job and promotion opportunities with higher remuneration
As a Six Sigma Black Belt certified professional you would be able to serve as an agent of change within your organization. You would be the leader, understanding the team dynamics and responsible for assigning roles and responsibilities to team members. You would be able to direct and supervise the activities of Green Belts. You would be able to communicate and implement changes within the organization that are designed to eliminate deviations from quality standards and improve overall quality and profitability.