PMI-ACP Certification Training
3 Days Classroom Training
Original PMBOK Guide (Optional)
Comprehensive Course Material
Sample Exam Questions
21 Contact Hours
Course Completion Certificate
Public Batch on Demand
Competitive Course Fees
PMI-ACP® stands for PMI’s Agile Certified Professional.
The PMI-ACP® certification is issued by the Project Management Institute (PMI®), which is the world’s leading association of Project Management Professionals.
If you’re experienced using agile approaches, have good collaboration skills, eagerly embrace complexity and thrive on rapid response times, then your talents are in demand. The PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® formally recognizes your knowledge of agile principles and your skill with agile techniques. It will make you shine even brighter to your employers, stakeholders and peers.
The PMI-ACP® is PMI’s fastest growing certification, and it’s no wonder. Organizations that are highly agile and responsive to market dynamics complete more of their projects successfully than their slower-moving counterparts — 75 percent versus 56 percent — as shown in PMI’s 2015 Pulse of the Profession® report.
The PMI-ACP spans many approaches to agile such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean, extreme programming (XP) and test-driven development (TDD.) So it will increase your versatility, wherever your projects may take you.
The Project Management Institute PMI® is the world’s leading not-for-profit project management professional association. PMI® supports over half a million members in 170 countries worldwide.
PMI® members are individuals practicing and studying project management in many different industry areas.
PMI® has become, and continues to be, the leading professional association in project management. More details can be found here: www.pmi.org
Certifications offered by PMI®
PMI offers a comprehensive certification program for project practitioners of all education and skill levels.
PMI certifications ensure that you and your projects excel.
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®)
- Project Management Professional (PMP®)
- Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP®)
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP®)
- PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP®)
- PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP®)
Agile is a philosophy that uses organizational models based on people, collaboration and shared values, such as rolling wave planning; iterative and incremental delivery; rapid and flexible response to change; and open communication between teams, stakeholders and customers. There are many methodologies that adhere to these tenets such as SCRUM, Kanban, Lean, XP.
Agile is a topic of growing importance in project management. The PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® is developed in response to this increasing demand of organizations in the marketplace for project practitioners who can apply a diversity of methods to their projects.
This PMI-ACP® course provides a high quality training program that teaches you the skills and knowledge you need to successfully apply Agile practices in real life and to pass the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®examination to earn your certification.
This classroom course is aimed at people who work in Agile projects or whose organizations are adopting Agile principles.
- You or your organization use Agile practices or your organization is adopting Agile methods
- Professionals pursuing the PMI-ACP® certification
- CIO / CTO / IT Executives
- Project / Program Management Officers
- Development / Operation Managers
- Project Managers / Team Leads
- Developers/ Programmers
- Designers / Testers
- Project Controllers / Planners
- Product Owners / Stakeholders
- Scrum Masters / Scrum Team Members
Individuals who have completed this course will have an understanding of:
- Agile manifesto, principles and practices across Agile methodologies, such as:
- eXtreme Programming (XP)
- Dynamic Systems Development Methods (DSDM)
- Test-Driven / Feature-Driven Developments
- Agile project lifecycle and key Agile management skills and social, economical and environmental influences.
- Applying Agile management knowledge and skills, such as communications, coaching and mentoring, leadership, team motivation, problem solving strategies, and more.
- Using Agile tools & techniques, such as value based prioritization, risk management, soft skills negotiation, product quality, Agile estimation, analysis, and design.
- How to deliver a high quality product in a shorter period of time
- Empowerment of team; self-organization and self-management
- Professional responsibilities concerning Agile Project management.
- Requirements to apply for the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner certification and pass the PMI-ACP ® exam
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- Provides you with increased professional versatility in project management methodologies and Agile framework,
- Presents you a higher level of professional credibility with a combination of Agile training and examination on Agile principles, practices, tools, and techniques.
- Supplies you with the material to apply Agile, Agile framework and in demand methodologies. i.e. SCRUM, Kanban, Lean, XP, TDD, DSDM and more
- Gives you the most recent information about the PMI-ACP® exam by PMI
- Provides everything you need to be fully prepared to take and pass the PMI-ACP® exam, including satisfying the 21 CPUs required to write the examination.
There are no formal requirements for participating in this course; however, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the Agile basics.
There are eligibility requirements for taking the exam if you plan to apply for the PMI-ACP certification upon completion of this course:
- Secondary school diploma, associate’s degree or global equivalent
- 2000 hours working on project teams within the last 5 years (active PMP® or PgMP® will satisfy this requirement)
- 1500 hours working on Agile project teams or with Agile methodologies within the last 3 years (in addition to the above 2000 hours)
- At least 21 contact hours (CPUs) worth of Agile Project management training.
- Candidates can only purchase the exam at PMI as part of their registration process
- Candidates need to meet PMI’s exam eligibility (as listed above – see prerequisite).
- The exam is computer based and is in closed-book format; consists of 120 multiple-choice questions distributed between definitions, essay-type, and scenario-based questions.
- The time allotted to complete the exam is 3 hours and computer based. A pass / fail result score is generated based on your overall performance at the end of the exam.
|1. Module 1 – Introduction||1. Module 6 – Agile Tools and Techniques – I||1. Module 8 – Agile Knowledge and Skills|
|2. Module 2 – Introduction to the Project Management||2. Module 7 – Agile Tools and Techniques – II||2. Module 9 – PMI–ACP® Exam Preparation|
|3. Module 3 – Agile Principles and Mindset||3. Course Review|
|4. Module 4 – Agile Methods and Approaches||4. Mock PMI–ACP Exam
o 120 Sample Questions
o 3 hours
|5. Module 5 – Agile Domains and Tasks|
Module 1 – Introduction
- Introduction to the Course
- Course Overview
- Module Structure
Module 2 – Introduction to the Project Management
- Project and Project Management
- PMI and PMBOK® Guide Fifth Edition
- Introduction to Agile
Module 3 – Agile Manifesto and Principles
- Agile Philosophy
- Agile Project Management
- Agile project Life Cycle
- Traditional vs. Agile Project Management
Module 4 – Agile Methods and Approaches
- eXtreme Project Management (XPM)
- Agile Unified Process (AUP)
- Dynamic Systems Development Method (DSDM)
- Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Feature-Driven Development (FDD)
Module 5 – Agile Domains and Tasks
- Domain I. Agile Principles and Mindset
- Domain II. Value-driven Delivery
- Domain III. Stakeholder Engagement
- Domain IV. Team Performance
- Domain V. Adaptive Planning
- Domain VI. Problem Detection and Resolution
- Domain VII. Continuous Improvement (Product, Process, People)
Module 6 – Agile Tools and Techniques – I
- Agile Analysis and Design
- Agile Estimation
- Interpersonal Skills
Module 7 – Agile Tools and Techniques – II
- Planning, Monitoring & Adapting
- Process Improvement
- Product Quality
- Risk Management
- Value-Based Prioritization
Module 8 – Agile Knowledge and Skills
- Stakeholder Management
- Building Agile Teams
- Communication Management
- Problem Solving
- Other Agile Concepts
Module 9 – PMI-ACP Exam Preparation
- Introduction to PMI® and PMBOK®
- PMI-ACP® Credential
- PMI-ACP® Application Overview
- Exam Preparation
- Original PMBOK Guide (Optional)
- Comprehensive Course Material
- Chapter Questions
Benefits of being a PMI-ACP®
The PMI Agile Certified Practitioner PMI-ACP® recognizes practitioners for their knowledge and skill in Agile principles, practices, tools, and techniques. As the use of Agile methods on projects has tripled increased in the last three years, this certification provides recognition of this knowledge for those working in various roles on Agile projects. The PMI-ACP demonstrates a level of professionalism in Agile practices, while recognizing experience working on Agile projects in addition to knowledge and skill. Individuals who earn the PMI-ACP designation validate their expertise in Agile, while showing a professional commitment to continue development of this knowledge.
- Recognized Expertise: The PMI-ACP® certification is globally recognized and respected certification provided by PMI, the leading association of Project Management Professionals.
- Better Job Opportunities: The PMI-ACP® certification recognizes your expertise in Agile Project Management: It tells your current and potential employers that you have a solid foundation of agile project management knowledge, which could be readily applied at the workplace.
- Prestigious Membership: You will be a member of one of the most prestigious professional groups: By attaining the PMI-ACP® certification, your name will be included in the largest and most prestigious group of certified Agile Project Management Professionals.
- Increase Salary: It has been observed that Project Managers, who have the PMI-ACP® certification, draw more salary than their counterparts, who do not have the certification.
- Global recognition: The PMI-ACP® certification is endorsed by leading companies. In fact, they encourage their Project Managers to have the PMI-ACP® certification.
For further information regarding the benefits of the PMI-ACP® certification, we request you to visit www.pmi.org
Excellent Trainer. Approach and attitude was apt which was refreshing. All other aspects including Training delivery, Topics coverage, Course material and contents and Training Venue were very good.Sohail ShaukatRM Systems Analyst, Etihad Airways, Abu Dhabi
Friendly Trainer. The Trainer was knowledgeable and delivered Training as per expectation. Participation was highly encouraged. Very good Training services including Course Material and Training Venue.S. T. ArasuHealthcare Projects Consultant, Dubai
Excellent Training from all perspectives. All the students were actively involved and discussion with the Trainer all the times and most of the things Trainer shared is very unique.Mohammed ImtiyazProject Manager, Gulf Mode, Dubai
The Training was delivered as per expectation. The Trainer was highly knowledgeable and active participation was encouraged. I liked the flexibility of EMPOWER in letting us attend missed classes in subsequent Batch.Ali Asgar KanpurawalaSr. Engineer, Emitac, Dubai
Very good training. Excellent Training venue and comfortable facilities.Andrew Xiao JunzhaoESD Consultant, Meinhardt Facade Technology, Dubai
Trainer was highly knowledgeable and delivered Training as per expectation. Contents were organised and easy to follow. Training venue was very good. Liked the most that the Training was short and sweet with good Trainer.Ali Basha MohammadLogistics Consultant, Ehrhardt + Partner GmbH & Co. KG, Dubai
Excellent training from all perspectives. The Trainer was highly knowledgeable and encourage active participation. The Topics covered were relevant to me and the contents were organised and easy to follow.Juliane MunchSustainability Expert and Project Manager, COWI Gulf A/S, Dubai
Trainer was extremely knowledgeable, encouraged active participation and covered topics relevant to me. Course materials provided were very good and Training Venue was very good as well. Good number of participants made the session very interactive.Bachir ArkeITD PMO Specialist, Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank, Dubai
The Trainer was solid in the field and illustrated many examples. Active participation was highly encouraged. The topics covered were relevant to me and the content was easy to follow.Ala' KhattabBusiness Excellence Manager, Technology Strategies Middle East - TSME, Dubai